Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I have run into a problem...

I am dying to quilt, but I cant pick a fabric. Maybe it is a fear of commitment (lol, yes, me... the girl who got married at 20 and had 2 kids by 25), I keep thinking "what if I put all of that work into it and hate it? What if Hubby hates it?"

Lets be realistic, cute fabric is costly and I'd be super bummed if I bought a bunch of it and then ruined it with my first quilting attempt, which is very likely. I started a quilt a couple of years ago, purchased my fabric, cut the squares, and ended up hating it half way through and haven't looked at it since. Is this something every fledgling quilter goes through, or is it just me? there are tons of fabrics I love out there, too many to choose from in fact. I continue to hold onto this dream of having an exquisite quilt on each bed and a beautiful one adorning the back of the couch that I can switch out with other beautiful quilts for the holidays. The truth is I can't even pick fabric for pillows for my couch, it feels like too big of a commitment... lol, I'm ridiculous, I know.

Ah, a girl can dream... maybe someday I'll figure it out....

No comments: